Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2008

Round Three of the Arizona Championship Series









Hello fellow Losi drivers

This past weekend I attended the 3rd round of the Arizona Championship Series hosted by the Nitro Pit. The Pit is such an awesome facility, and one that I love to race at. We are truly blessed to have a track of its caliber out here in Arizona!

After less than stellar finishes at rounds one and two, I needed to finish well this round of the series. Any more bad luck, and a chance of a podium overall finish would slip from my grasp.
If there's one thing I have learned from The Drake, Its to come to the track prepared. I worked hard during the week to make sure I had all of my ducks in a row, and was able to secure 2 TQ's and 2 wins. One with my trusty steed, the 8 2.0 buggy and one with the tried and true 8T.
Some may argue that the 8T is due for an upgrade, but mine was on rails and I was able to run the fastest lap times against the current crop of new trucks. Lately team mate Billy Fischer and I, have been running a set up that he came up with for the 8T. And it has been the best its ever been for me. (Thanks Billy for the hard work) Maybe we can get the set up posted somewhere for you guys.


I would like to thank Bill Fischer (SR) for coming out to the Pit, (even though Billy is racing on the other side of the country) to help me. He came out and took care of all of my pitting duties and was a huge help all day. No wonder Billy does so well with him there, he was lightning fast with the Losi fuel gun in the mains. So thanks Bill! You are surely an asset to Team Losi!

Next weekend I am off to Texas for a Toys for Tots race at Hals Hobbies. Hal's is one of Horizons oldest customers and I am looking forward to having a great time racing against Texas and New Mexico's finest racers.

Happy Racing!