Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Team Losi Racing Tours Las Vegas, NV



Team Losi Racing Tours Las Vegas, NV

A couple of the TLR boy’s and myself Headed out Wednesday for a short tour of Las Vegas, NV.  We started our tour at The Vegas RC Raceway with Mod buggy for the Wednesday night club racing, which was a lot of fun.  Eric has a great group of local races that are super fast.  The dirt is like know other dirt I have seen.  There is so much grip I can’t describe it. (you will have to make your way over there to understand)  Eric runs a great racing program and gets through it at a great pace.  If you are every in the area you will have to checkout The Vegas RC. 

The next stop on our trip was 702 RC Raceway on Thursday for a day of practice.  This is also the track that is holding the Short Course showdown starting this weekend.   We thought we would make our way there on Thursday for a little extra practice (I need all the practice I can get, LOL).  When you walk into 702 it is very roomy and open with a nice large track.  It is very light colored clay dirt.  The current layout that is in for the Showdown in pretty easy but a lot of for short course.  It will be a fantastic track come race time and with how loose the track is I also feel this will make it even more fun and realistic.  We only ran for a couple of hours and didn’t really make any changes to the cars on Thursday, as the track was pretty green.  I felt it would be better to wait and see how the track would come around for practice on Friday.  I was also pretty happy with both my TLR 22SCT and my Losi Ten-SCTE.  The rest of the team seemed to be happy with there cars as well so it was looking all good on Thursday with hopes of the track getting better and the cars just staying consistent with the changing track. 

With the short tour of the two Las Vegas RC tracks done and over with I have to say Las Vegas has it all.  If you are a huge buggy fan then The Vegas RC is a lot of fun and they get big crowds and on the other hand if you are way into Short Course then from the info I got 702 RC Raceway maybe for you.  If it was me I would race at both tracks as much as I could.  This both could do some much for your driving ability with the super hi grip on The Vegas RC and the lower grip on 702 RC Raceway you really get a chance to have the best of both worlds (Vegas really does have it all).