Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

TLR 8 build tips and tricks. Part one (turnbuckles)


Hello TLR fans

I thought I might give you guys an inside view of the tips and tricks I have come across through the last 5 years of working on the 8 line of vehicles. Some mine and some not but these are the ones that I use the most. This time I will include just a few but will update and build on the this base asap.

The first two are turnbuckle tricks that I use. One that you can use right away, and one that will take a little dremeling to build the tool.

After popping the pivot ball into the rod end(shiny side first) you can use a 5/64 allen wrench and the TLR camber wrench TLR99012 to speed up the process and take the stress off of you hands and fingers


And my method of choice is to use this modified outdrive to speed things up a bit more. I have dremeled this out to fit both 4mm and 5mm (buggy and truggy) rod ends. Make sure to use this with a lower speed drill. I think you will find these to take the stress off of you hands and speed up your build or re-builds!

Until next time keep it on 4 wheels

Casey