We've just announced the -2.5mm Lightweight 22 2.0 chassis today on tlracing.com. http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TLR331014
Please see the details on the new chassis below:
· - 2.5mm shorter than the stock 22 and 22 2.0 Chassis for improved handling characteristics.
· - Additional milled pockets help the -2.5mm chassis to be lighter than the stock 22 2.0 chassis, and is 15-17g lighter.
· - Milled 2.5mm thick 7075-T6 Aluminum
· - Hard Anodized for strength and outstanding wear characteristics
· - A direct replacement fit that will not require any other parts.
· - Work with both the rear-motor and mid-motor 22 2.0 configurations.
· The TLR Race Team has done extensive testing over the summer running multiple different lengths of prototype chassis to determine which offers the best performance for the 22 2.0. Needless to say, the chassis testing resulted in optimal performance from the -2.5mm length prototype, and we have now brought this to market.
The -2.5mm wheelbase helps the 22 2.0 enter the turn a little quicker, rotate quicker and have better drive off the turn, which really improves the overall balance and feel especially in mid-motor. This setup improvement helped Dakotah Phend win the 2014 ROAR Nationals with Ryan Maifield winning A3 for a TLR A-Main Sweep.
The chassis also keeps the competitive stock racers in mind, having additional pockets milled throughout to lighten the chassis by 15-17g each. This lighter chassis makes it even easier to get the 22 2.0 down to the ROAR minimum weight, but has shown no signs of being less durable than the stock chassis.
The -2.5mm chassis is a direct fit part that will replace the stock 22 and 22 2.0 chassis with no other modifications required.
The chassis really works great, and it is highly recommended for the 22 and 22 2.0.