Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

Hutchinson Fall Classic


Well the 2008 Hutchinson Fall Classic was 0nce again a blast! The race format was different than most electric races. Thursday and Friday were open practice and Saturday was a "stock day" where everyone races stock 2wd and stock truck. Myself and Dustin Evans competed in both stock classes using the Losi Xcelorin 13.5 motors. I experimented a bit with gearing and was very pleased with the performance of the motors. Dustin and I were able to use the horsepower to our advantage. I ended up TQ and winner of the Stock 2wd class and Dustin was TQ and winner of the Stock Truck class. It was a great showing for Losi and Xcelorin products. Sunday kicked off the modified classes where we competed in 2wd, 4wd, and truck. In 2wd modified Dustin was able to get around TQ Jared Tebo to take the win in the first two A mains. I had some electronic issues throughout qualifying and started 10th on the grid but made a hard charge in the mains to end up 3rd overall behind Evans and Tebo. The 4wd class was dominated from start to finish by Tebo while 2nd place went to Losi/Spektrum driver Matt Lee and I finished in 3rd. In the modified truck class Dustin was top qualifier and I would start 2nd. In the end I was able to take the overall win by clenching the A2 and A3 mains.

It was a great time and I am very happy that Losi/Xcelorin/Spektrum powered myself and Dustin to win 4 of the 5 classes at the Fall Classic :)


Matt